Thursday, January 3, 2013

Week 30

We have made it to 30 weeks and are 75% of the way through our pregnancy journey!

About Baby: At 30 weeks, her skin is getting smoother and she is now strong enough to grasp a finger. We got to see her on Monday (New Year's Eve) and she weighed 3 pounds 1 ounce. Overall she measured about the 50th percentile for her gestational age which means she is perfectly average. Some parts of her seem to be growing faster than others, but all are in the normal range. Here is a picture of her face.
She still seems very interested in putting her legs over her head. I am happy she is so flexible and will make sure to get her involved in gymnastics, diving or something like that! Here is a picture!

How am I feeling? Good. I am enjoying the time off as I can relax more and thus feel like I am sleeping better. However, I have had a stiff neck since Saturday and keep trying to stretch it. I had a prenatal massage last weekend which helped a little and was very relaxing. I have felt Braxton Hicks contractions (which are practice contractions where my whole belly gets really hard for a short time but there is no pain). These are completely normal and it just feels funny. And I have a very annoying dry cough. It does not seem to get worse, but I am sure Alexandra feels her home shake every time I cough. I will ask the OB about it on Monday.

Movement: I love the fact that I feel movement throughout the day now and not just at night, although Alexandra seems to really like the night time. In that instance, she takes after her mommy's side of the family. Let's hope this means she likes to sleep in! I feel so fortunate that she is a gentle baby and has not given me any really hard kicks.

Updates: I had my three hour glucose test on Wednesday and will have my results at my next OB appointment on January 7th. The first hour was a challenge since I was hungry and thinking about how uncomfortable the waiting room was, but the second and third went faster as I settled into reading my book and listening to Rascal Flatts on my mp3 player. I have my second non stress test (NST) on Friday and think these will be pretty easy to do twice a week. I am still am holding at just 10 pounds gained.

Food:  The holidays helped with me having more food choices. I went back to eating scrambled eggs for breakfast, but have gagged on them several times. It is sad that what was once my favorite meal of the day is now the hardest and least enjoyable.

Prepping for Baby: The first baby shower is in Phoenix on Sunday and I am excited! Alexandra already has piles of items (mostly clothes) in our spare bedroom (that will be her's soon). I am anxious to get the nursery set up in a couple of weeks so I can start organizing and putting things away. I started contacting people for day care options and realize my biggest challenge is the time of day I will need to drop her off. Many don't start until 7:30-8:00 and I need to be in Temecula by 7:00!

Fun Story: I think 2013 is going to be the Year of the Baby. I currently have 3 other friends expecting babies in 2013 - one in February, one in April and one in August. It is cool to know Alexandra will have some other babies to grow up with that are close in age. It will be especially nice when we have parties with our friends and they can all play together.

And of course, this weeks bump photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment