Friday, December 28, 2012

Week 29

About Baby: At 29 weeks, our little girl is starting to bulk up which means she is getting more crowded in there. We will know her measurements and weight on Monday so I will do a follow up post after that appointment. In the next 11 weeks, she will more than double her current weight which is probably close to 3 pounds right now.

How am I feeling? Pretty good. After running errands for a few hours I feel exhausted, but I know that is normal. I also seem to have very little patience for crowded stores. Sleep is still the challenge, although it is nice to be able to sleep in as I can make up for the constant up and down at night. I scheduled a prenatal massage for Sunday and hope that will help with my hip pain.

Movement: I feel my little girl several times throughout the day and it is usually pretty easy to get in 10 kicks/movements within an hour for my kick count. Today I have been on my feet running errands and have not really relaxed which makes it harder to feel her. When I go to watch TV, she is sure to start in. I love feeling her move!

Updates: We had our first non stress test today. They hooked me up to a monitor that tracked her heartbeat. I was able to sit for 10 minutes watching the heartbeat go up and down between 139 and 165 which is normal and what they were wanting. And I got to hear it the entire time. What a sweet sound! We have our next growth scan (ultrasound) on Monday so we are looking forward to seeing our sweet girl again.

Food: I love the holidays because I have been able to eat both our family recipe stroganoff and turkey with the trimmings without heartburn! Still eating lots of apples. I can't seem to get enough of them. Even though I have been eating a lot, I seem to have actually lost weight over the last couple of days. This is normal based on what I read. I am around 10 pounds total gained so far and doctor is very happy with that.

Prepping for Baby: Little Alexandra got all kinds of goodies for Christmas. She is going to be so well dressed! The first baby shower is coming up very soon on January 6th. Then by mid January we should have the nursery set up (at least the crib and changing table). Right now everything is stored in bins and bags in the bedroom that will be her nursery.

Here is our bump photo for today. I had to use my tripod and for some reason the camera had a really hard time focusing. At least this one photo came out nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment