Thursday, December 20, 2012

Week 28

Third trimester is officially here! Hard to believe that we are under three months to go! I am once again posting a few hours early since tomorrow is the official day I turn 28 weeks!

About Baby: We had an ultrasound on Wednesday. Our little girl was measuring ahead at 29 weeks 1 day. I was technically 27 weeks 5 days at the time. Her heart rate was 143 bpm and she weighed approximately 2 pounds 5 ounces. She had her legs up by her head so maybe she is going to be a gymnast some day! Almost everything is now developed and she is just putting on weight and adding brain cells to make her smarter. She would have a better than 90% chance of survival if born now (which she is NOT allowed to do)! Here is her picture from Wednesday!


How am I feeling? Pretty good. I am sleeping better. I bought some new braces for my wrists and that seems to be helping with the numbness. The hormones are definitely making me more emotional too!

Movement: Dave finally got to see and feel her kicks. On Sunday night we were watching TV and she was kicking like crazy. We sat and watched as my tummy moved several times. It was pretty funny to see. I love the fact that I feel her many times per day. It is very comforting.

Updates:  I also forgot to mention last week that I am slightly anemic so have to take extra iron. I have an OB appointment on Monday, which marks the start of my every other week appointments. I scheduled the hospital tour for Dave and me, as well as child birth classes. We are going to be extremely busy in February! We also have booked a photo shoot with a friend of ours to take some maternity photos at 32 weeks.

Food: I discovered the secret to warding off heartburn (at least for now)....Mylanta and hot water. Dave made his yummy chili this week and I knew it would bother me so I tried what my OB had suggested - and it worked! I feel hungry more often. I just ate dinner and am still hungry - time to go get some more apples!

Prepping for Baby: Little Alexandra is going to be a well dressed collegiate baby. She has onesies from University of Arizona, Northern Arizona University and Cal Berkeley! So she is ready to represent my school, Dave's school and her Grandma Janet's school! I have been told that there will be presents under the tree for our little girl this Christmas. Her grandmothers are already spoiling her!

Fun Story: I unveiled her name this week to my students, but I did so as the very last question in a practice quiz for their final exam. I have yet to see my 2nd period (due to finals schedule) who were the ones most inquisitive as to what her name would be. It will be interesting to see them Friday and whether or not they say anything.

I have multiple photos to share this week!
 The cute puppy dog is the first present that I bought for Alexandra. It has a rattle in its tail!
I found this cute bear ornament with her first initial on it so will be adding that to our tree!
 Just a fun photo of me in front of our dog/cat themed tree (mostly dog)!

No comments:

Post a Comment