Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week 33

We are just 50 days away from our due date!

About Baby: At 33 weeks, Alexandra is keeping her eyes open when she is awake. What a strange and interesting world she must see in there. She is also coordinating breathing, sucking and swallowing. Weight-wise, she should be over 4 pounds now.

How am I feeling? Better! I went back to work on Tuesday after taking 4 days off the week before. My head cold is virtually gone. I still wake up with a stuffy nose, but that is also part of pregnancy. I still have this darn cough though. It has gone from a painful dry cough to a little wetter, deeper cough, although there is still nothing in my lungs. The biggest challenge this week has been numbness in my left arm. It has not only awakened me in the middle of the night, but taken me several minutes to get under control. The strange thing is this occurs more when sleeping on my right side than my left!

Movement: Some days Alexandra moves more than others. I have felt baby hiccups several times which is a good sign that she is practicing her breathing. As I type I feel some twitches in the area where her bottom is....I really have no idea what she is doing in there!

Updates:  I had an OB appointment on Wednesday and Alexandra is doing well. I had lost 5 pounds from my last visit on January 7th, putting me at a total gain of just 9 pounds. Today was another non stress test and the ultrasound tech said she is a beautiful baby! I've gotten a few photos of her face, but the quality is not wonderful so I won't be able to post.

Food: It has been easier to eat this week despite the cough. I have enjoyed some quesadillas this week and still love the raspberry sorbet!

Prepping for Baby: The nursery is coming together. My mom helped me on Tuesday night. We washed clothes and put things away. I will have to finish after my baby shower on February 2nd. Here are some photos of the work in progress. Some of the wall decorations will be changed out and there are still things that need to be removed.

 
I have also started organizing for what I need to take to the hospital. So far everything I have packed is for Alexandra, but I did purchase some nursing tank tops today.

This weeks bump photos:
Dave took some fun photos of me on Sunday after our maternity shoot. Here are my favorites:
And a bonus comparison shot - 23 weeks vs. 33 weeks wearing the same shirt so that you can see the change in my bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment