Thursday, January 17, 2013

Week 32

Less than 2 months to go now until the big day! That is if Miss Alexandra cooperates and arrives on or before her due date of March 15th.

About Baby: At 32 weeks, Alexandra should weigh close to 4 pounds. Her skeleton has completely formed, but her bones are still soft and pliable. She has moved into the head down position in preparation for her journey to the real world. I read on one website that she is sleeping in half hour segments. I certainly hope she sleeps a lot longer once she arrives!

How am I feeling? Despite being on antibiotics for 7 days, I still have the cough and it is impacting my ability to eat very much. In fact, I have lost 6 pounds since my OB appointment on January 7th. On Monday, the cough seemed to be getting better, but a head cold took its place. I spent all day Tuesday in bed and took 3 days off work total. I went back to work on Thursday, but found it to be a struggle and may take Friday off as well. I have been in regular contact with my OB and they are not concerned thankfully. I have an appointment next Wednesday.

Movement: Alexandra has been moving a lot this past week. I think it is partly due to the fact that I have been very inactive and thus am not rocking her to sleep with my movements. It has been very nice to feel her move more. Part of that movement must have been her flipping around since she was breech last week.

Updates:  I had my 4th non-stress test and Alexandra seemed to be doing very well. She had her hand over her face for the quick ultrasound, but the tech said she looked great. 

Food: Food is very hit or miss this week due to the coughing. What I can eat one day, gives me problems the next. I have eaten a lot of applesauce to keep some food in me. I am drinking tons of juice - my new favorite being peach mango V8 juice introduced to me by my mother-in-law. Thanks Sara! One night Dave brought me some raspberry sorbet, which I thought for sure would bother my cough since it is cold. Wrong - it has been absolutely heavenly. One of the few foods I can eat without a problem. I certainly hope it stays that way.

Prepping for Baby: We have furniture in our nursery thanks to Dave's dad coming to California and working hard for 2 days to get it put together. There is a crib, changing table, dresser and glider chair. Next week my mom and I are going to spend some time organizing, putting away things and figuring out decorating. Dave and I know that we want a tropical theme and some of the decor in the room already lends itself nicely. Here is the crib:


What I am looking forward to this week: We have our maternity photo shoot on Sunday. One of our fellow Toastmasters is a professional photographer and has agreed to do this for us.

And of course, this weeks bump photo taken by Dave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment