Thursday, November 29, 2012

Week 25

Even though my official week changes on Friday, I found it easier to write this week's post a day early.

About Baby: Its hard to believe that I will be meeting her in just about 15 weeks! She measures somewhere around 13.5 inches long and weighs between 1 1/2 and 2 pounds. At this point she is putting on about 6 ounces each week! Grow baby grow! I just read that she has a sense of equilibrium and which way is up and which way is down. That is pretty amazing.

How am I feeling? I have been more tired this week, especially at the end of the work day. Now that it is cold outside and I have to wear socks, I am noticing that they leave indentations on my legs. Yesterday was pretty bad as I had swelling too. I keep checking today and it is better. Hopefully it was the socks and not the beginning of ankle swelling that is common with pregnancy.

Movement: I am now feeling her soft kicks many times per day. The other night I woke up at 3:30 and there she was giving me several kicks as she obviously was also awake. She just gave me a small kick as I am typing this as if she knows I am talking about her. Last weekend when I was on the plane headed to Phoenix, she gave me several big kicks and they were hard enough that I could see them! That was pretty cool. I am waiting for her to start the strong kicks when Dave is nearby so that he could try to feel her, but she has not cooperated yet. The best time to feel her move is in the evening. She is always awake and active in the 7-9 PM range.

Updates: I had my monthly OB appointment on Tuesday and got to tape record little one's heartbeat. That was so cool because when I met up with Dave for dinner, I played it for him because he had not been at the appointment. Apparently it is possible to hear her heartbeat from the outside now, so I will have to have Dave test this theory out by listening closely with his ear to my tummy. Next up is the glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I really hope that I pass the 1 hour so I do not have to go back for the longer 3 hour test.

Cravings: I have the same craving week after week: apples. I can easily eat a bag of Fuji apples in one sitting. At least it is a healthy snack. My favorite food lately seems to be a chicken salad from Chili's. I am eating it at least once a week and think I could eat that even more often.

Prepping for Baby: The crib and changing table have both arrived and are in our garage where they will be staying until Dave's dad comes to visit in January. I have several things on each registry now and hope to finalize them this weekend.

Here is this week's official bump photo. I think Lucky definitely had a growth spurt this past week as I see the difference in my bump between photos at week 24 and week 25!



1 comment:

  1. Lucky, You are growing and we will soon meet you. Can't wait!
    Love, Grandma :-)

    ReplyDelete