Friday, November 16, 2012

Week 23

About Baby: Our little girl is growing so big. She is more than 11 inches long now and weighs just over a pound! Her hearing is becoming better and she can hear what I hear (although it is more muffled). It is time to start reading stories to her! Most of her vital organs are well developed. Her lungs still need more development. We are now just one week away from Viability Day, after which she would have a chance to survive on her own if I went into pre-term labor. Don't get any ideas little one, you are not allowed to make an appearance until March!

How am I feeling? Great! I still have lots of energy and am only slowed down by heartburn. I find my diet even more limited as the smallest bit of spice or garlic makes me feel ill. Bland is my friend!

Movement? My Lucky Charm is moving a lot more. I feel several kicks per day, although it is still sporadic and I have yet to determine her waking/sleeping patterns. I am eager for Dave to be able to feel her kicks from the outside, but it has not happened yet. I am sure it will be soon!

Updates: Our next appointment is on Monday, another ultrasound. I love getting sneak peeks at her. I am hoping that we will have results from the Fetal Echo-cardiogram at that time as well.

Prepping for Baby: We have been so blessed by our friends and our little girl already has several outfits and items for the nursery. This weekend we will begin the registry process and I am overwhelmed by how many things such a small creature needs!

Here is our photo from this week:



No comments:

Post a Comment