Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week Fifty

It is March 1st and that mean's we are just 2 weeks away from having a one year old! What a difference a year makes. This time last year, I was on my last day of work before maternity leave. Now I have a beautiful daughter sleeping in the other room who is about to celebrate her 1st birthday!

Week fifty has been an exciting one for sure! She took her first steps (that we are counting) on Sunday the 23rd. It is possible she took a step one time earlier, but it happened so fast and I had no one to witness it to tell me if it really happened. But on the 23rd both Dave and I saw it happen! I have not been able to get photographic or video evidence, but I will keep trying! Now Alexandra is up to about 4 steps at a time and I know soon she will be walking all over the place.

In addition, Alexandra had her first swim lesson this morning. While she was quite comfortable in the water, she was more interested in observing everyone else than in doing the activities the instructor wanted her to do. At first she cried when asked to float on her back, but once given a toy to play with (or put in her mouth was the case), she had no problem doing it. Then in the bathtub this afternoon she also had no problem laying on her back and getting her ears wet. Too funny! We are going to take lessons twice a week this month and then see where we are at.

Its been raining for the last two days and really hard. We have been going for walks almost every afternoon because the weather has been so nice. While we definitely need the rain, I would like a little break so that we can have a short walk. Maybe tomorrow.

We have been working on teaching Alexandra how to give a "high five" and she is getting it. She does not respond all the time, but most of the time. In addition, we are working on waving bye-bye.

I have only two more weeks left of daily photos and weekly blog updates. It will probably be very hard to break the habit of daily photos as it has been fun to put together a video that I will soon be sharing with you of her first year. Here are a few of my favorite photos from this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment