Sunday, March 16, 2014

I Am One Today!

Dear Loyal Readers,

One year ago I was rudely yanked from my comfy home and forced into this big world. But what a great thing that happened! This world is far more exciting (not to mention roomy) than my first home. At 3:56 PM, I will officially be one so that is when I am posting this blog entry.

What a year it has been, but if you have been reading my blog, then you already know! So I will just focus on the last month, which has been by far the most exciting. Why you ask? Because I have figured out how to walk! I can now take 15-20 steps on my own without falling. When I get too excited and try to walk faster is when I fall down. Lots of times I like to carry something small in my hand while I walk. And other times I have someone help me walk.

Yesterday there was a big party in my honor. What fun to see friends and family come celebrate little me! The best part was the cake. I have never tasted something so sweet and creamy. I could not get enough of the frosting. And the chocolate cake was not so bad either! I got so many fun new toys that I just don't know what to play with. I start with one, get bored easily and move on to the next. I got lots of toys that play music and make noise. I also got a couple of dolls, a stuffed dog, clothes and lots of love.

I am also taking swim lessons. We go twice a week and play games in the water. Sometimes I just like to observe or cling to mommy, but at yesterday's lesson, I even let the swim instructor Tori take me for a few minutes. I also sat on the pool side and clapped my hands before jumping into the water. This was an accomplishment for me as previously I had immediately jumped back at mommy! I am getting better and better each day. I am usually very serious, but I finally smiled at yesterday's lesson! I can't wait until summer when I can going swimming every day with mommy. Grandma Sara just brought me several more swimsuits to wear throughout the spring and summer!

I love to talk. I just wish someone would understand me because I feel like I am speaking a foreign language or something. My people just stare at me and don't do what I want them to do. Occasionally they will talk back to me, but it never is in the right context. They just don't speak baby!

Grandma Janet just returned from Korea and brought me a hat (which I could probably do without), a cute onesie and a stuffed Hello Kitty! I also got some hair bows and a purse. When Grandma Sara had gone to Asia, she also brought me some cool things. I like it when family members travel!

Well, I guess that is all for now. I can't believe I am officially a toddler!! Please make sure to check out the pictures from my party yesterday that mommy posted in a separate blog entry. I will try to update you next month when I am 13 months old. Until then...

Love,
Alexandra


No comments:

Post a Comment