Saturday, December 21, 2013

Nine Months

Hello Loyal Readers,

December 16th was my 9 months or 3/4 birthday! I can't believe how fast time is going and how much I have accomplished in just one month. I now weigh 18 pounds 9 ounces. I have really grown!! Mommy thinks I am about 28 inches long, but we will know for sure on January 3rd when I have my next doctor's appointment.

The coolest thing I can do now that I could not last month is pull myself up and stand. Yes, I still have to hold on to furniture or mommy, but I am getting close. I really want to stand on my own and hope to do so by the New Year.

I met Santa Claus!!! Mommy and Grandma Janet took me to meet him last week. He seemed very nice, but I was not sure I wanted to sit on his lap. I was good long enough for a few photos, but then I started to cry. At least I got this one good photo and I even got a certificate saying that I have officially been put on the nice list! Now I have to make my list for what I want for Christmas.

Mommy got tired of me chewing on the TV remote so she bought me my own remote. It is so much fun and I love to bang at it. It makes all kinds of noises and teaches me about what remote controls can do.

I tried meat for the first time this month. I love everything. So far I have had chicken and apples, turkey and rice, chicken and veggies, beef and veggies, turkey and sweet potato. All are yummy. Now that I am 9 months old, mommy says I get to try even more foods.

I earned my 5th state this month and am going to be applying for a passport soon. I want to be a world traveler just like the rest of my family!

My favorite things right now are my remote control, a white Santa bear, a Santa rattle, my books and my jumperoo! I really don't have anything that I don't like, but when mommy gives me a stuffed toy, especially my Santa bear and Santa rattle, I give it a big hug and make this noise mommy describes as a "happy whimper."

We had a big party at our house and lots of people came. I got passed around. I like playing "pass the baby," but this was a little crazy. I even got to see my baby friends. Soon we will be able to run around and play like the older kids.

I love that I have gotten to see more of both of my grandmas. Mommy tells me that in just one week, I will get to see more of my family on Christmas Eve. Even cousin Brian is coming all the way from Boston just to see me (okay maybe its to see his own parents, but I am so cute that I am the bonus)! I did see my Grantie Lorel the other day when mommy and I were in Orange County for a birthday party. We stopped by where Lorel was getting her nails done just to say Hi!

Daddy took a trip to Phoenix this week and spent time with my Grandpa Stacy and Nana Kathy, as well as many other members of my family. I missed him while he was gone! Mommy lets me "talk" on the phone with him and I just can't figure out how he gets inside the phone! Some day I will understand, but for now I just stare and wonder where he is?

I am sorry my blog is late this month. Mommy has been sick and I had to wait for her to get well to help me finish this up. See you in 2014 for my 10th month!

Love,
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment