Sunday, June 16, 2013

Three Months & a Happy Father's Day

Hello Readers,

Its me, Alexandra, writing to you again. Has it already been a month since I last wrote to you? Wow, time does fly when you are having fun. Instead of doing her weekly blog post, mommy left it up to me to update you all on this weeks events. I am no longer a "newborn, " but officially became an "infant" this week!

This has been a busy weekend for me. I got my 2nd state when we arrived in Arizona on Friday afternoon, I met a ton of people yesterday at a meet & greet held in my honor and today I turn 3 months old and it is daddy's 1st Father's Day!

Yesterday we had a party at Grandma Sara's house so that many of the people that she and daddy know could see me all in one place. I met tons of people, including both my uncles (Alex and Paul) and 2 cousins (Kai and Jacob). It really wore me out to socialize with so many people so I was a little cranky. As I said last month, it is hard work being cute and adorable!


Today is Father's Day so we went to breakfast with my grandpa and his wife, Kathy. I got a bunch of Disney books from them and can't wait for mommy to read them to me. Kathy let me sit in her lap and I enjoyed that and being able to look at everyone and all the things in the restaurant. It was nice to meet her and see my grandpa again!

Daddy's friends Dan and Christine came over with their 4 year old Nicolette. She colored a few pictures for me. I can't wait until I am old enough to color!


Now on to the monthly update from me. There is lots to share as I am learning and experiencing so much each day!

I love to sleep. I think I get that from mommy because she also loves to sleep. Mommy and daddy are thrilled that I sleep through the night. Most nights I go to bed at 9:30 and sleep until around 6:00. A couple of times it has been closer to 7:00. Apparently 8 hours at night is unusual for a baby my age, but I don't hear anyone complaining! Sometimes I sleep even more than 8 hours. All of the excitement of meeting people on Saturday wore me out to the point that I slept 11 hours last night! I probably could have slept longer if we had not had to go to breakfast. Mommy says that I smile a lot in my sleep so I must have happy dreams.

I have really started cooing and talking with mommy. She often tries to imitate me and I think it is so cute that she is trying so hard to speak baby! I also have long conversations with Grandma Janet when she visits.

One of my favorite things is taking a bath. Even when I am tired and fussy, a bath cheers me right up. I have this cool flower shaped tub that gets put in the sink. It is nice and soft for me to sit on. Mommy has promised to take me swimming in a pool soon.

As you already know, I have more clothes than I know what to do with....and I acquired more this weekend! Now that I am 3 months old, mommy has added some of the smaller 3-6 month clothes to my rotation. Most of the clothes are way too big, but a few fit me just fine. There is a huge bag full of 3-6 months clothes just waiting to go in the drawer when I outgrow the 0-3. I am on the petite side weight-wise so I think I will wear them for at least another month. Unless of course I have a big growth spurt. I am almost 24 inches long so will outgrow them lengthwise before I meet the maximum weight!

Mommy introduced me to apple juice and I love it. The doctor told her to start giving me a half apple juice, half water mixture to help with my digestion. At first we tried water only, but I did not like that very much. I love the apple juice though. I get 2 ounces twice a day and it is such a treat! In another month, I might get to start to try real foods like applesauce! Speaking of food, I always have to wear a bib when I eat. I prefer to wear it backwards as a cape!

Mommy took me to school last month one day to meet some of her co-workers. I slept through the entire experience, but here is a picture of me on her desk in her classroom. I opened my eyes just this one time!


My official three month photos will be taken when we get home, you know the ones with the bear and in the laundry basket that we take each month. But for now, here are some cute photos from this week. By the way, daddy thinks mommy takes too many pictures of me and calls her the "mama-ratzi." But I like having my photos taken and I know my adoring fans demand lots of photos.

I am getting very sleepy and so I am going to take a nap now. I will let daddy finish this post with a few thoughts.

Until next month,
Alexandra

From Daddy:

Hi! Daddy here.  Today is my first Father’s Day with my daughter, Alexandra, whose blog all of you have been faithfully following. Alexandra has changed my life in ways that I had not ever thought of.  I can’t believe how sweet she is (98% of the time!) and what a personality she already has at the ripe old age of 3 months.  90 days.  It goes so fast!! I know that this is just the beginning of a long journey, and one that I am looking forward to, more and more each day that goes by.  It won’t be long until she is crawling...walking...going to school...driving...dating...OK, let’s just stop right there.  I have a few more Father’s Day’s to look forward to (survive??) until I need to worry about some of those ‘D’ words!  For now, I am just very lucky to have a daughter of my own, and today is that day that I can just savor the moment, and look forward to all of what life has in store for me now that I’ve earned the honor of being called ‘Dad’.  It reminds me how lucky I am that my own father, and my step-father (whom I lost this year) were such positive role models in my life.  I hope that I can live up to their examples!  Lots of Love for my ‘Lady A’!

1 comment:

  1. Great update Alexandra! Sounds like you are having a fun time in Arizona. Nice note from your Daddy, too!

    ReplyDelete