Monday, June 24, 2013

100 Days & A Special Tribute

Today Alexandra is 100 days old. It seems like just last week we were bringing her home from the hospital.

Presidents are often measured by how much they accomplish during their first 100 days in office. I am amazed by how much Miss Alexandra has accomplished in her first 100 days of life. She has smiled, laughed, earned her 2nd state, has great head control, sleeps through the night, loves to dance, has met tons of people and is getting good at tummy time. She is growing so fast and I know that in the blink of an eye I will be blogging about her first year and then her 1,000th day and so on.

Here she is at 100 days. I am so excited that I caught one of her big smiles on camera.


Allow me to take a moment's diversion to talk about and post a photo of someone Alexandra met twice, but sadly I did not take a picture of her with him. He passed away last night. Alexandra first met my fellow teacher Darren Thomas on May 22nd when I took her to school with me. He was one of only two teachers from my department who stopped by to meet her. She only woke up once during the entire visit to school and that is when he was there. She met him again on Friday during the three hours we worked together planning for the upcoming year. This time she was awake and she sat on my lap watching him. Even though she will not remember, I am so thankful Alexandra got to meet such a wonderful teacher and kind soul. He was more than a colleague. He was a friend. He was funny, caring and a great listener. RIP Darren. You made such an impact on so many and I will miss seeing your smiling face every day!


I am a very sentimental person. Darren gave Alexandra a book called "Brown Bear, Brown Bear..What do you see?" I just read it to her twice and she seemed to enjoy it. He also helped me get Alexandra some Northern Arizona University (NAU) onesies through his middle son who goes there. That is Dave's alma mater in case you were wondering. Here is Alexandra's tribute to him.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! Very touching tribute to Darren. I'd forgotten about the book. That will be a keepsake for her. And the pictures today are wonderful! Happy 100 Days Alexandra! Grandma loves you! :-)

    ReplyDelete