Saturday, June 1, 2013

Week Eleven

The weeks are just flying by. It is already June!

About Alexandra: Alexandra had her two month check up with the doctor on Tuesday. She weighed 10 lbs, 14 oz (28th percentile) and was 22 3/4 inches long (44th percentile). She had two shots and took them like a champ. She did not even cry with the first one, but just got a strange look on her face as if to say, "what the heck was that?" She did cry with the second one, but only briefly.

I love her facial expressions. Occasionally she will raise on eyebrow when I am talking to her as if she is confused or surprised. I know she is trying very hard to understand what I am saying. Sometimes I put her on my knees and we have little conversations.

Alexandra likes to have her outfits changed apparently as she is now getting them quite wet through either spitting up, drooling or sucking on her clothes. She does have a ton of cute outfits, so it is nice that she gets to wear so many. And now she thinks it is fun for mommy to have to change her own clothes. She got me good a couple times over the long weekend - both shirts and shorts needed changing! Good thing she is so adorable that I don't even mind! I just have to remember to bring a change of clothes with me. She got me good at the doctor's office and I did not have a spare shirt then. Thankfully it is warm outside so it dried quickly!

What's New: Alexandra had her first out of town trip and first night in a hotel room. We went to Palm Springs for Memorial Day weekend, where we met up with Grandma Sara and Dave's relatives who were visiting from France (Lily & Hugh). She did very well and slept 7 hours straight on both nights!

Speaking of sleep, she is stretching it out most nights to 6 hours before waking up. On Thursday night, she slept 9 hours. She must have been wiggling a lot that night because when I put her to bed, her head was facing the window. Then at 3:30 when I checked on her, she was facing the complete opposite direction. Then at 7:00 when she finally woke up, she was back facing the window again! Not only that, but the swaddle blanket was completely off her and bunched up at her feet! Our little escape artist! It might be time to go back to the sleep sacks from which she cannot escape!

I had put Alexandra in her crib before to play the mobile and she had not paid any attention. I did it again this week and she was very intrigued. She watched it go round and round for several minutes. She has not really been interested in toys yet, but I am sure that will happen soon. I put a little green stuffed monkey in her stroller whenever we go for walks and I am waiting for her to actually start grabbing it. Right now, she is more interested in holding the security blanket I got her. It is made of the same material as swaddle blankets (muslin cotton), but is much smaller.

Her head control has gotten very good and most times that I carry her around now, her head is up and she is looking around.

Visitors: Alexandra had a play date with one of the ladies I met through my "After Loss" groups, Chelsea and her daughter Lisa. We met them for brunch in Palm Springs. There are so many wonderful women in those groups and I hope to meet up with a few more this summer.

While in Palm Springs, Alexandra also had a chance to spend time with Dave's relatives (cousins of his stepfather) who were in town from Paris. They adored her and invited us to Paris. Dave has never been to Europe so both of them would get a new continent if we were able to make it happen.

And finally, our friends Jenny and Tim were in Palm Springs visiting so we met up with them for a glass of wine. They have a son named Connor who is 2 years old.

Mommy: I go back to work on Monday. It is hard to believe that three months have passed since I was in my classroom last. It has flown by. I am so thankful that I am a teacher and in another week, I will be off for two more months. I can't imagine how hard it must be for women to go back to work just six weeks after giving birth.

Now that little girl is sleeping more and I am not so tired all the time, I decided to tackle a major project - completely cleaning my closet and reorganizing. If you have seen my closet, you know what a big task that is! So far, I have 10 bags of clothes and shoes for Goodwill. Many of the clothes either do not fit anymore (they are too big which is a GREAT problem to have) or the style is outdated. My feet must have grown as well because many shoes are too small.

Photos: Here is our little cutie at 11 weeks!


Pictures from Palm Springs Trip:

More fun pictures from Week 11:

No comments:

Post a Comment