Thursday, March 14, 2013

Week 40

At 40 weeks, Alexandra has reached her estimated due date and we are headed to the hospital in the morning to induce! Please keep good thoughts that it is a quick labor and there are no complications!

How am I feeling? Mentally, I am excited, nervous and sad, all at the same time. I am actually sad that today is my last day of pregnancy because it has been an enjoyable experience. Every time someone sends me a good luck message I tear up. I am excited to meet my daughter and hold her in my arms. And I am nervous about it being a long delivery. 

Physically, I have had some insomnia this week, but otherwise feel good. Dave and I have taken several long walks around the neighborhood and I feel like I have more energy now than I did earlier in the pregnancy....strange! I will be very happy if this numbness in my fingers goes away right after birth. I have noticed that my cough is much better this week and think Alexandra might have dropped lower. I have been having a lot of contractions, but they always go away...so I think they are still just Braxton Hicks!

Movement: I hope Alexandra decides to wiggle a lot tonight because I am sad I won't feel those wiggles anymore once she is here. She has been moving a lot this last week and I try to take it in and enjoy it every time!

Updates: Since I was not dilated at all on Monday and only 25% effaced, I am hoping that there has been some action or else it is going to be a LONG couple of days getting Miss A into this world. At my last non stress test on Tuesday, the ultrasound tech did seem to think she was starting to engage and get lower.

Prepping for Baby: My breast pump arrived and I have sterilized all the parts. The car seat is in the car. We have most of her clothes washed. We are all ready to bring home our little girl!

Quote of the Week: Everyone is eagerly anticipating Alexandra's arrival and I had to share a quote from an email that I received this week...."Who will be first to make an appearance?????? Alexandra or the new pope?????" Thanks Barbara for making me laugh! Obviously the Pope made an appearance first. 

How We Spent our Last Day as a Family of Two: Dave and I went to the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino Hills. It was hot out today - 93 degrees at one point. Both Dave and I like WWII aircraft and since we wanted to do something together as a couple, it seemed like a fine plan. Here are some fun photos!
Weekly Bump Photos:
The next blog update will be an introduction of my daughter! Wow. It is hard to believe that we have arrived at this point in our journey. I can't wait to see what she looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment