Friday, March 8, 2013

Week 39

After 39 weeks, more than 250 days and 9 months, we are down to just one week until Alexandra's due date. It is likely she will be here before then! Don't forget to enter a guess on her due date. The link is to the right side of this blog entry!

About Baby: At 39 weeks, Alexandra is ready for the real world. There is not much change from last week, except more brain development.

How am I feeling? Pretty good considering how far along I am. It is definitely getting more uncomfortable to sleep, although during the day I feel pretty good. I notice more shortness of breath when I first lie down in bed and when I get into a car. The numbness is most prevalent at night and in the morning, but it has become a constant companion - my fingertips and thumbs especially! I have lots of Braxton Hicks practice contractions at night and really need the real ones to start showing up so we can get something going! Insomnia is also affecting me. For the last three nights, I have laid awake for at least an hour in the 4-5 AM range. I eventually go back to sleep. Now that I am taking Zantac twice a day, the cough does seem better (although it is still bothering me from time to time).

Movement: Alexandra likes those pink and white animal cookies! We were at Toastmasters on Monday night and she had been very quiet. I ate 5 of those cookies (they are pretty small after all) and all of a sudden she was moving around like crazy. Too funny! Whenever I try to lie on my right side at night she gets all squirmy as if trying to reposition herself, but is perfectly calm when I lie on my left hand side. I think the relaxation of being on maternity leave has helped me to feel her more. For the last couple of nights, I have laid awake in the early morning just feeling her wiggle.

Updates: At Monday's non-stress test, I learned that Alexandra is now in the ideal position with not only her head down, but she is facing my spine. I had a follow up with the respiratory doctor and he definitely thinks the cough will go away once my little girl has arrived. At my OB appointment on Thursday I found out that I am not dilated at all. There was a little softening or effacement, but he did not say how much. I now have an appointment for Monday afternoon. If there is still no progress, we will discuss induction. So Miss Alexandra, this is your eviction notice. You have until Monday (March 11th) to show up on your own, or else you may be forcibly evicted from your current home!

Food: I am still loving oranges, almond M & Ms, baked potatoes and quesadillas! I also eat lots of salads and chicken. My grandmother would be proud because anything chocolate sounds (and tastes) good right now! I would not call it a food aversion necessarily, but the things that just don't sound good anymore are eggs and hamburgers. My biggest challenge seems to be finishing a meal. Because Alexandra is taking up so much room, I seem to get full easily and then am hungry again a short while later.

Prepping for Baby: My insurance provides a free breast pump with prescription from my doctor and so I am going to order the Ameda Purely Yours electric double pump. It retails around $160-$200 so that is great news!

I have submitted paperwork for the disability insurance that I have been paying premiums for...it will give me a nice paycheck for two months!

We have bought some items to put in the freezer so that we won't have to cook the first few days. They are mostly microwave meals, but I may still try to put together some other items.

We are making a few last minute purchases but are ready for Alexandra to arrive! The house is clean. The important stuff (car seat, cradle, newborn clothes) is ready to go.

Bump Photos:
And for a little fun since this may be the last bump photos....let's have a look back!

No comments:

Post a Comment