Monday, March 11, 2013

Induction Scheduled

I had an OB appointment this morning and have not made any progress. I am 0 cm dilated, 25% effaced and Alexandra is still high (not engaged). Based on this and the fact that I am almost 42 years old, we set a date to induce - Friday March 15th at 8 AM. I will be exactly 40 weeks that day.

I have mixed emotions right now. I am excited to finally have an end in sight. I joked with my mom that it feels a little like waiting for Christmas to arrive, only I don't know what day Christmas is going to be. Well, now I do. However, I am a little overwhelmed as I really would have liked for labor to start on its own. Both my mom and my grandma had short labors (4 hours approximately) and I am nervous that mine will be long (24+ hours). There are still a few days in which it could get started so that is what I am hoping for!

As my mom said, the upside of waiting until Friday is that I have four more days of feeling Alexandra's wiggles inside me and that is cool! I will really miss those. So now I will rest and relax for the next few days and try to do some things that won't be so easy after she arrives - starting with a prenatal massage tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment