Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Finished Nursery

Thanks to my mom's help, we have finished decorating the nursery. Now all we need is Miss Alexandra sometime in the next 5 weeks! The theme is Hawaiian and it is bright and cheerful.
A view of the crib and changing table. We got a whole coordinating set as you can see that is by Sweet Jo Jo Designs. It is a girl's surf theme and fits perfectly with the Hawaiian motif of the nursery.
A view of the dresser and crib. Even the lamp shade has the Hawaiian theme! All of the furniture came from Target and we are very happy with how it turned out!
 The photos above the dresser are all ones that I took during our travels to Hawaii. The top row of the bookcase is books for Alexandra and baby books for mommy and daddy. We will eventually make the whole bookcase books for Alexandra as we add to her library. Just yesterday I picked up 5 books at the 99 cent store. I am now on the hunt for inexpensive books, even slightly used is okay, to grow her library. 
 Here is what the saying over her crib is...a Winnie the Pooh quote that is just perfect! It looks so nice. It is  a decal that I found on Amazon and was fairly easy to apply.
The glider is very comfortable. Dave would happily take it over to watch TV if there was actually a TV in the room. Thankfully there is not, but I told him he could use it to read to his daughter or cuddle with her! Right now the bookcase is just our books, but that will change eventually. The white basket is filled with toys that we have received from friends and family. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! I think your choice of theme and bedding is fantastic. Time is coming soon and will be here before you know it. I know you and Dave can't wait and I'm excited, too!

    ReplyDelete