Friday, October 19, 2012

Week 19

About Baby: My little girl is now the size of a mango, and probably even bigger. I had an ultrasound on Tuesday and she measured 19 weeks 1 day at that point. The doctor said she was 9 ounces! Her heart rate was 145 so it has stabilized. I have an anterior placenta, meaning that it is located in the front, but off to the left side. At the ultrasound, they gave me a cute picture of her foot:



Its hard to believe that I am almost 1/2 way! This week, my little girl's brain is working overtime developing the five senses and she has developed a protective coating to guard from wrinkly skin due to amniotic fluid.

How am I feeling? I have been a little tired because of several late nights in a row. I am trying to do more sitting at work, but sometimes have lower back pain so it feels good to stand. My allergies have been driving me nuts this week - lots of sneezing and a stuffy nose. Fortunately I can take Benadryl!

Movement? Yes - and I even think I felt some pokes or kicks tonight. Nothing very strong, but it felt different than the gentle rolling I normally feel from her. Soon I should be feeling stronger kicks and there will be no doubt that it is my sweet girl.

Here we are at 19 weeks!


I am wearing maternity clothes full time now and they are so comfortable. The challenge is I now have an extremely limited wardrobe. Once it gets cooler, I will buy some fall/winter long sleeve tops, but right now it is so hot I am living in shorts and t-shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment