Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week Seven

Another week has flown by and now Alexandra is seven weeks old! I am a day late in posting this which means she is exactly 50 days old today on Cinco de Mayo!

About Alexandra: Alexandra makes me laugh with some of the things she does. When she calms down after crying a lot, she gives a huge sigh that is so adorable. I hate seeing her so upset, but it warms my heart when she makes that sigh, as if to say, " I am okay now mommy." I put a bib on her to feed her a bottle because she is a messy eater. She acts like bibs are a method of torture and her little arms start to flail and fight me!

She is a night owl like mommy and does not want to go to sleep until 11:30-12:00. Often she will just stare at me after eating. I love the quality time just holding her. Fortunately she is sleeping 4-5 hours before waking after that. Then she usually lets me get another couple of hours in the morning. On Friday night she slept from 11:15-5:45! That is 6.5 hours! Then after a feeding, she slept another three hours! Mommy and daddy were so happy - let's hope it was not a fluke, but that she continues to sleep through the night! The "Sleep Sheep" has been so wonderful in lulling her to sleep. I set it to play ocean waves so that it is nice for mommy and daddy too. It turns off after 25 minutes so I don't have to worry. I have also been swaddling her, just leaving her arms out. She seems to like that.

She loves walks and is becoming more alert and taking it all in. One of her favorite things to do is kick the blanket off of her, and sometimes off the stroller completely. What fun it is to make mommy stop and pick it up!

I am having so much fun dressing her and she looks cute in almost everything she wears. However, her best colors yellow and green.

Mommy & Daddy:  Where I once had trouble functioning with less than 8 hours of sleep, I now seem okay with 6 broken hours. Amazing how we adapt! I have been cleared by my doctor to exercise more and took walks 7 out of the last 9 days. Daddy is enjoying taking her for walks in the carrier so that he can "wear" her.

What's New: Alexandra is smiling a lot more and now she responds to me with smiles. She is definitely a happy baby most of the time. She also is following me with her eyes and head when I move around in front of her. This happens mostly when she is in the bouncer and I am doing other things in the room. When on her play mat, she bats at the objects that are dangling in front of her and at her side.

Visitors: Alexandra met more Toastmasters on Friday when she went to hear daddy compete in a speech contest. They oohed and aahed over her. She still has tons of people who want to meet her though, including most of her family. We booked a trip to Colorado for this summer so she can meet some cousins and another one of her great aunts and great uncles (she has 3 of each).

Photos: Here is our little cutie at 7 weeks exactly!


And more fun photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment