Thursday, May 16, 2013

Two Months

Hello Readers,

I am back for my monthly update. So much has happened to me since April 16th. I know mommy has done a good job of keeping you up-to-date, but I have more to add. You know that my parents are both Toastmasters, so I guess I get the gift of gab from them!

I am getting better at sleeping during the night. Most nights I will sleep for a five hour stretch before waking mommy up. But, three times I was just too tired and slept through the night. The first was on May 3rd. Mommy was so surprised when I did not wake her at 4:00 for my normal feeding. Instead I slept from 11:15-5:45. If you think that is impressive, just wait until you hear what I did for mommy for Mother's Day. The night of May 10th, I was so exhausted that I went to bed much earlier than normal at 9:00. I fussed in my sleep a little at 2:45 and acted like I was going to wake up, but by the time mommy got the bottle I was sound asleep again. I finally got up at 6:00. Yep, I slept 9 hours!!

I love to dance. When I am put in my bouncy seat, I get the urge to move my legs and arms. Its even better when mommy plays some music on Pandora. I prefer country, but will dance to most anything she plays. By now you have probably seen the video of me rocking out to Luke Bryan posted under week 8. Has it gone viral yet?

Walks are becoming a regular occurrence and I love them! Sometimes I ride in the stroller and other times I get to be close to daddy in the carrier. Mommy does a good job pointing out things that I am seeing as we walk, including trees, flowers and puppy dogs. We always have to walk in the evening once the sun has started to set so that I don't get sun. Its cooler then too and I don't have to have a cover so I can see the world go by.

Tonight we went to dinner at Miguel's to celebrate my 2 months....okay actually it was because my Grandma Sara is leaving tomorrow to go back to Phoenix. It has been very nice spending the week with her and getting so many cuddles. I will miss her! I love it when my Grandma Janet takes care of me too. I hear she is going to spend a whole week with me in June when mommy goes to work for a week in June. I am such a lucky girl!

Mommy wants me to go to sleep because I have been up for hours, but I am wide awake because I have to finish this blog before I can rest! So let me continue...

Mommy finally filed my nails last night. She has been trying for several days, but I just would not cooperate. I scratched my nose this week and so I decided to give in. I made her do it while I was distracted with eating. Now she wonders when I will let her file my toenails. Only time will tell.

I have been meeting all kinds of new and interesting people. I hear there are some babies my age that live with mommy and daddy's friends, but I have yet to meet them. I hope I can soon. Its exhausting having to look so adorable for all these adults, although I do appreciate the compliments! I don't think babies will care so much.

Well, mommy insists that I go to sleep now so I have to sign off. Whatever I forgot, I will make sure mommy mentions in the 9 week update on Saturday.

Thanks for reading my blog. See you next month!

Love, 
Alexandra


No comments:

Post a Comment