Sunday, June 1, 2014

14 Months and a Little More

Once again time slipped away from me and since it is almost half way to 15 months. I will update you on Miss Alexandra's adventures through May 18th.

Miss Alexandra is exerting her independence more and more. We were at Michael's one Sunday (near the shirts for decorating) when she decided to go into my wallet, grabbed a dollar bill and started to walk away with it. Then a few minutes later, she took two shirts off the stack and started to walk away with them.

Alexandra has an infectious laugh. One night, we were having dinner at my mom's when she started to play a game with me. She would knock her sippy cup full of water off her high chair tray, I would catch it and place it right back on the tray. She would then knock it off again. This continued for several minutes with her laughing and laughing. I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard at her laughing!

We had the opportunity to spend the first weekend in May in Palm Desert. Daddy was attending a Toastmasters Convention, so Miss A and I had Saturday to ourselves. During that time, Alexandra had a play date with Lisa, whose mom is part of my after loss group. It was fun to catch up with Chelsea and see Alexandra and Lisa play together.

This month we also celebrated Mother's Day in Redondo Beach. Alexandra's uncles Alex and Fernando came all the way from Hong Kong. Also at brunch were Grandma Sara, Grantie Lorel and Great Uncle David. Grandma Janet was traveling in Asia for a school accreditation, but we spoke with her on the phone.

As a teacher, Sea World gave me a free pass for the year. So Miss Alexandra and I went for a couple of hours. Daddy dropped us off and went shopping. We started out in the Wild Arctic display, but the polar bears were on loan to another zoo. We will be going back to visit them another time as Miss A loves polar bear stuffed animals. Next we saw the walrus. At first she was intrigued, but then decided he was just too big and got vocal when he would swim nearby. The penguins were interesting, but the puffins were definitely her favorite! She was in my arms at the time so that she could see and started kicking her legs when she saw them paddling their feet! It was adorable!!! We also visited the sea turtles and fish, the sea lions (whom she was not at all interested in) and the dolphins. We will be going back once I am out for summer vacation. Here are a couple more fun photos from that day. After Sea World, we all went to Coronado for dinner and Alexandra's first visit to the Hotel Del. And we should mention that she loved the MooTime Ice Cream!
Here are some fun pictures from Month #14!

No comments:

Post a Comment