Thursday, January 16, 2014

10 Months

Dear Loyal Readers,

I am officially in double digits for months now!! I can't believe in just two months I will be a year old!

What a month! I celebrated my first Christmas and first New Year! Christmas was wonderful with pretty lights, a great smelling tree, ribbons, new things to play with and most importantly family. I even had my own tree in the family room. We took some professional photos at JC Penney's so be sure to check those out here. Being that this was my first Christmas, I received several special ornaments. My neighbor Tina made me an engraved ornament with my name and 2013. One of the ladies on the March mom's board sent me an ornament with my name, birth date, and birth statistics. It was part of a secret Santa exchange. Here is a picture of them. I also got a couple of other ornaments with "Baby's First Christmas" on them.


I am now pulling up on everything and cruising the furniture like a pro. Of course, many of the things I want to see and play with are ones mommy and daddy don't want me to. They are constantly moving me. In fact, as mommy tried to take my monthly, photo I was far more interested in standing on this chair to reach the number, than I was in sitting down. I have gotten really good at crawling and am exploring new areas like hallways, the kitchen and my bedroom. Tonight I actually stood on my own for a few seconds without falling. Mommy was so surprised and both of us were quite excited!

In other exciting news, I got my passport this week so I can now become a 4th generation world traveler!

It is my bedtime so I better hurry this up and share with you some of my likes and dislikes.

LIKES:
  • I love to take my socks off. My Great Uncle David would not be pleased, but its been in the 80s during the day, so who really needs socks? 
  • My stuffed animals, especially my white bear and zebra, are so fun to cuddle. I am very loving and make a sweet little noise when I see something cuddly that I want. That does include my blankets.
  • Tupperware is so much fun to play with. I enjoy taking it all out of the cupboard at Marivel's house. She will then put it away and I will take it out again.
DISLIKES:
  • Sometimes I get very upset when mommy puts a shirt over my head. I also cry when she tries to wipe my mouth after eating. She tells me that neither are forms of torture, but I am just not sure!
That is all for now. Mommy is sorry that she has fallen behind on weekly updates and will try to do a better job for the remaining weeks of my first year. She has now added weeks 41-43, so please go check those out, as well as the nice photo books she made. Until February...

Love,
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment