Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Seven Months

Hello Loyal Readers! I can't believe it is time again for my monthly update. What a month it has been!

I guess the biggest change is that I can now sit up and play with my toys for several minutes at a time. It gives me a whole perspective on life that I did not have when I could only lie there looking up at the ceiling! I even started sitting in a high chair at restaurants and in the basket at the store. It is so much fun and allows me to people watch. When I meet someone for the first time, I stare at them intently. It is especially fun to meet other babies while we are out and about! This photo was taken at brunch last weekend to celebrate Grandma Janet's birthday.

I have several new toys that I love including a Jumperoo. There are so many gadgets to twist and I also like jumping up and down. I love stuffed toys. I have my monkey Keko that you already know about, but also have a purple kitty and a soft doll. It is so much fun to put them in my mouth. Another favorite that I am constantly trying to get a hold of is the TV remote. Mommy says it is not a toy for me, but it looks like it would be fun to chew. I also like trying to get Grandma Janet's cell phone.

My mouth is changing and there is this funny thing in my mouth. It is just peeking out from my gums, and mommy tells me it is a tooth. I have another one just waiting to break through and it has caused me to be fussy and cry. I am not sure what teeth are for just yet, but I am eager to find out!

I am getting more and more mobile every day. Mommy calls what I do "army crawling" because I move forward on my tummy rather than up on my knees. It may take me awhile, but I now have the ability to move towards an object that I desire. Watch out world, soon I will be crawling all over and getting into all kinds of trouble!

I have tried so many wonderful foods this last month including sweet potatoes, corn, apricots, mixed veggies and squash. I like almost everything, just don't even think about giving me green beans or I will cry!

In the mornings, Marivel's son, Dylan, is at the house and he often reads to me. I have lots of books and love when I get to "read" them. Here we are as Dylan reads me a Halloween story. One of my favorite books is "Squishy Turtle & Friends." It is a cloth book and so I can put it in my mouth. It also has something inside the book that makes this nice sound of crinkled paper. What fun it is to grab it and squish it in my hands!

I am getting very good at laughing. Mommy kisses my tummy when she is changing my diaper and it makes me laugh! She also sometimes kisses my cheeks over and over again just to get me to laugh. It is quite fun!

I was very uncooperative with mommy today when she tried to take my 7 month photos. I did not want to sit still. I wanted to crawl and kept trying to get off the chair. Some of them turned out cute even though I refused to pose as requested. I have to much to explore to just sit back while someone takes my photo!

I am growing a lot. I can now wear some 6-9 month clothes. It is fun moving up to a new size because there are so many new outfits for me to try on. Now that I am teething, I manage to get drool all over my clothes (unless someone makes me wear a bib)! I have enjoyed the cooler weather at nights because it means I get to sleep in cozy pajamas! They are so comfy! I also moved up a size in diapers and they fit so much better. They were getting a little tight. I am glad mommy finally figured that out!

I love to hear my voice. I can babble a lot and mommy tries to figure out which consonants I am using. She says "B" must be my favorite consonant because I use it a lot. I can scream! Mommy tells me it hurts her ears sometimes when I shout loudly, but it is so much fun to hear the different pitches I can make.

Well that is all for this month. I will see you on November 16th. Until then, keep reading mommy's weekly
updates!

Love,
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment