Saturday, August 24, 2013

Week Twenty Three

I can't believe how quickly the weeks pass by and how close Alexandra is to being 6 months old. Where is the time going?

Finally her tummy seems to be better now that she is eating lots of prunes! She LOVES them. We also tried carrots this week and she did not really like them. She gave us a funny face. Tonight we introduced her to pears which she loved as well. She kept taking the spoon and feeding herself.


Last Saturday, we had a community luau and Alexandra loved it. Her nanny, Marivel, was also there with her family. Below is a photo of the two of them and one of our family. Tonight Marivel had us over for dinner and there was disco type music playing. Alexandra loved it. She was moving both her arms and her legs in beat to the music. It was so fun to watch.  I am so happy that Alexandra has someone to watch her who gives her tons of love and attention.
Alexandra has found her voice again. She went through one phase of trying to screech loudly and now she is doing it again. She rolls on to her tummy all the time. She has such great head control that she can really prop herself up on her arms. She can even make turns, but she is still not sure how to roll over to her back. She is starting to scoot, although she does not do it every time she is on her tummy.

Alexandra is definitely intent on exploring her world. Today when I was drinking from my water bottle she was fascinated. Even though she had her own bottle of milk at the time, she reached out to try to grab my water bottle. We were sitting on the couch and the TV remote was nearby. She grabbed that and started looking at the buttons. One of her absolute favorite things is to watch herself on my camera phone. I use the setting to take a self-portrait, put her in my lap and she gets so excited and starts grabbing for the screen. She is a constant source of entertainment these days.

Here are some cute pictures from this week:

Bonus picture comparison of me as a baby and Alexandra. My mom says I was about 6 months old when the picture was taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment