Saturday, July 13, 2013

Week Seventeen

On Tuesday Alexandra will be 4 months old! How can that be? It was just June and now here we are well into July! Look for a message from her on Tuesday and her four month photos!


About Alexandra: Alexandra had her 3 months shots on Monday. Yes, we know it is a little late since she is almost 4 months, but it was still her 3 month appointment. She measured 23 inches and weighed 12 pounds 3 ounces. She is petite, in the 15th percentile for weight, but the doctor says that is just fine. She was quite fussy after her shots, but once she had a good long nap, she was back to normal.

She smiles so much and has been chatting up a storm lately. She "talks" when she wakes up, while I am changing her diaper and even when her eyes are closed and she seems to be napping. I love all the sounds she makes.

Alexandra likes picture books. I frequently read one of the Look Look books to her. They are black and white images so easy for her to see. I have three of them. Her favorite is the animals one.


What's New:  Alexandra started sucking her thumb on Monday. She has been putting all of her fingers in her mouth at once, and even trying to put mommy's finger in her mouth. But on Monday, I caught a purposeful thumb sucking. Grandma Janet watched her on Friday while I attended a seminar and I missed out on Alexandra putting her foot in her mouth for the first time. I am sure she will do it again, but I felt sad to miss even one little "new" thing that she did. Everyone loves her feet so here is a special "feet" photo!


Visitors: Thankfully this was a quiet week for Alexandra after her whirlwind trip to Colorado. She needed some down time. Grandma Janet came over and stayed with her a couple of days while I attended a history seminar.

Photos: Here is our girl at 17 weeks!

Since there are just so many cute photos of Alexandra each week, I have created a share site using Shutterfly where you can view all of Alexandra's photos and milestones. Please check it out at: The Adventures of Alexandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment