Tuesday, April 16, 2013

One Month

Hello Readers,

Alexandra here. My mommy has been doing the weekly blog posts, but I thought it was my turn to share my thoughts about this world that I was forced into a month ago. I can't believe it has already been a month! So much has happened to me.

Mommy has done a pretty good job writing in this blog about many of my experiences, but here are a few things from a little baby's point of view!

I have so many clothes! It is hard to decide what to wear each day. Sometimes I spit up or eat so fast that I get milk all over my clothes so I have to change outfits. Mommy does laundry every 2-3 days. Now that it is getting warmer, mommy has been putting me in onesies, but at night I wear sleepers. They are very comfy. I did put on a dress for Easter. It was a little too big on me. When it comes to clothes, I don't like having to put something over my head. I much prefer the sleepers and outfits that can just be snapped on. I squirm until mommy gets the clothes over my head.

I spend a lot of my time napping. I love being held and falling asleep in someones arms...it honestly does not matter whose arms, just as long as they are there. Car rides sure are nice. The motion lulls me to sleep. I also like the swing for that same reason. Mommy and daddy will put me in it sometimes when they have dinner. That way they can keep an eye on me and I let them eat in peace.

I like music! Some music puts me to sleep because it is soft. Mommy and daddy have played Journey, The Beatles and The Eagles songs in a lullaby version. I love the music in the play mat and it makes me want to move my feet and arms and dance!

I really hate it when mommy tries to clean around my eyes. I get green goup on them all the time. The only time I will allow her to wipe my eyes without screaming is when I am distracted with a bottle. I also don't like being burped much of the time. It just feels weird being tossed over mommy's shoulder. Occasionally though I just give in, curl up and fall asleep.

While I do love to sleep, I am not sure about sleeping in the cradle because it moves! I will startle myself awake sometimes if I move too quickly. It is a strange feeling. My other beds don't move like it does. No matter which "bed" I am in, I really like sleeping on my side. Mommy and daddy always put me down on my back and most of the time this is comfortable for awhile, but then I usually roll onto my side. When I am in the Pack n Play, I wiggle around and end up 90 degrees from the way mommy set me down.

I am a night owl and can lay awake for several hours at night. Mommy does not like this and tells me night time is for sleeping. I will try to work on that.

When I am hungry I scream loudly and daddy says I sound like a donkey. I have no patience for waiting until mommy mixes the formula or heats it up. I often stick my fingers in my mouth. Daddy jokes that they must taste good. Sometimes mommy has to pry them out of my mouth so that she can feed me a bottle. I like to make noises when I eat. I can also be messy, especially when I am really hungry. Mommy and grandma insist that I wear a bib so that I don't get milk all over my clothes. I don't think I really like bibs very much!

Mommy and Grandma Janet love to take my photograph. Most of the time I cooperate and try to look cute, but sometimes I make funny faces. Here are some pictures from my one month photo shoot.

Thanks for reading and I will check in next month!

Love,
Alexandra

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Sweet Girl! You take after your Mommy with your writing! :-) Love you Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete